If you need a new laptop but you don’t want to spend a lot, Chromebooks can be a great option.
If you want to buy a new computer, Chromebooks are hard to beat.
Chromebooks initially were lame, but now they’re fantastic. They’re simple, fast, and cheap. Under $200 buys you a very good Chromebook. They have decent battery life, you can get on the Internet quickly, and they’re easy to travel with.
The great thing about Chromebooks is there’s virtually no boot-up time and you don’t have to spend the money on buying a Microsoft Office suite since the Chromebook relies on Google Drive for its word processor and spreadsheet functions. One downside however is that Chromebooks may have a shorter lifespan compared to other computers. But, when you consider how fast technology changes, Chromebooks can be a great budget-friendly option for low-cost home computing, especially for folks who need basic web browsing and word processing capabilities.
Here are some notable deals:
- HP 11.6″ Chromebook, AMD A4, 4GB RAM, 32GB storage for $98 at Walmart (Compare to $189.99 for a similar Chromebook at HP)
- ASUS 11.6″ Chromebook, 4GB RAM, 32GB eMMC flash memory for $99 at Best Buy (Save $120)
- Acer 11.6″ Chromebook Laptop, 32GB Storage, 4GB RAM Intel Processor, Silver for $99.99 at Target (Save $80)
- Samsung 11.6″ Chromebook, 4GB RAM, 32GB SSD for $119.99 at PC Richard & Son (Save $110)
- ASUS 14″ Chromebook Intel Celeron N3350 4GB memory 32GB eMMC – Silver for $149 at Best Buy (Save $150)
- Lenovo Chromebook 3 14″ Touch Laptop Mediatek MT8183 4GB memory 64GB eMMC for $169 at Best Buy (Save $150)
The above options qualify for free shipping unless otherwise noted. Also, find deals on open-box and refurbished Chromebooks at Woot. Note that these Chromebooks could sell out or prices could change at any time! See more laptop deals on sale here.